Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Aug. 4, 2015 - All Tenses exercise; Conditionals

Fill in the correct form verb – All Tenses
1. I __saw__________ a great film yesterday. (see)
2. _Have you ever bought__ a new car? (you ever buy)
3. I ___met____ him last Monday. (meet)
4. The band _was playing_ while I __was writing___ . (play, write)  played/wrote   …..is playing/am writing
5. She __bought_____ the new car in 2005. (buy)
6. Her mother ___has been living___ in Victoria for the past five years. (live)
7. They _had already been___ in Germany when
we arrived a few days ago. (already be)
8. __Are you planning/Have you planned/Did you plan/
Do you plan to get married? (you plan)
9. I __haven’t had___ so much fun since I was a kid.
 (have)
10. When I got up I __looked___ out of the window and __saw_________ that it ___was raining/had been raining/had rained_ . (look, see, rain)
11. Janet ___had been working_________ for Smith and
 Brothers before she came to work for us. (work)
12. I ___have seen____ three movies so far
this week. (see)
13. How long __have you been waiting__ for me?
 (you wait)
14. I ____flew________ over Loch Ness
last week. - __Did you see___ the Loch Ness monster? (fly, you see)
15. I’m afraid I’m not hungry.
I have already eaten_ . (already eat)
16. Peter ___was playing/had been playing_ football
 in the afternoon when he got the call. (play)
17. “What __were you doing__ between 9 and 12
 yesterday morning”, the detective said. (you do)
18. He kept looking at her, wondering where he __had seen__ her before. (see)
19. The doctor’s waiting room was full of people. Some _were reading___ a magazine, a woman _was knitting_________ and a child _was playing____ with a doll. Suddenly the door ___opened____ and a nurse __came _____ out. (read, knit, play, open, come)
20. Travelling __has become_ much easier and more comfortable in the past hundred years. (become)
21. I __am baking a/have been baking___ cake.
That’s why my hands are full of flour. (bake)
22. When I first came to this house it _____was____ quite a noisy area. (be)
23. He twisted his ankle while he __was skiing___________ . (ski)
24. _Do you ever lock_ the doors before you leave the house? (you ever lock)
25. My best friend and I _have known each other for 15 years. (know)
26. Jack usually _smokes__ but he _doesn’t smoke____ when his father comes. (smoke, not smoke)
27. Have you had breakfast yet? –
Yes I had it together with Sue at 7. (you have)
28. I ___did___ this kind of work
when I was a small boy. (do)
29. He __was reading/had been reading ___________________ the paper (for 2 hours)
when his wife came home. (read)
30. He _has been speaking_ for an hour now.
 He’ll be finished soon. (speak)
31. How long _have you known__ John and Maria?- We met the couple over thirteen years ago. (you know)
32. He _had been living_ in Oxford
for two years and when his mother died he moved to London. (live)
33. After Harry ___had finished________ his work he ___called______________ Jude from the office.
 (finish, call)
34. You __have been doing___ your homework
 for two hours. Haven’t you finished yet? (do)
35. He always _____goes_______ to the
supermarket alone, but today he _is taking____
his son with him. (go, take)
36. He never ____works__________ in the evening,
only on Sundays. (work)
37. I _have never been_____ to South America
 but I have been to New York several times. (never, be)
38. ___Has anyone seen___ Jean? –
No, she probably went to her friend’s place.
(anyone, see)
39. I _______went______________ to the bank yesterday but when I got there it was closed. (go)
40. She __has been___ in school all day. (be)
41. Lee __has been__ late every day since Tuesday. (be)
42. Herbert’s father ___never forgets/has never forgotten _____ his son’s birthday (never forget)
43. I ___didn’t finish/haven’t finished____ my report because I had a problem with my computer. (not finish)
TENSES T

Conditionals 



Anglo-Link lesson   



























































Choose the correct option for these zero conditional sentences.

Top of Form

1. If you eat fast food, 
a) you will gain weight.
b) you gains weight.
c) you gain weight.
d) you gained weight.

2. If you study hard, 
a) you get good grades.
b) you got good grades.
c) you getting good grades.
d) you will get good grades.

3. When she works early, 
a) she woke up early.
b) she will wake up early.
c) she wake up early.
d) she wakes up early.

4. When the radio plays,
a) it's hard to hear you speak.
b) it was hard to hear you speak.
c) it is hard to hear you spoke.
d) it's hard to hear you will speak.

5. I always wear a jacket
a) when it will be cold.
b) when it is cold.
c) when it was cold.
d) when it is being cold.

6. He never buys lunch 
a) if he doesn't has cash.
b) if he no have cash.
c) if he won't have cash.
d) if he doesn't have cash.

7. When you heat water,
a) it boils.
b) it's boiling.
c) boils the water.
c) it was boil.

8. Does ice melt 
a) if it is in the sun?
b) if it were in the sun?
c) if they are in the sun?
d) if it will be in the sun?

9. What do you do
a) if the teacher was sick?
b) if the teacher had been sick?
c) if the teacher will be sick?
d) if the teacher is sick?

10. Does the computer work
a) if you use batteries?
b) if you used batteries?
c) if you will use batteries?
c) if you had used batteries?

Choose the correct option for the first conditional sentences.

Top of Form
1.     
a) If I finish my homework, I will go to the party.
b) If I finished my homework, I will go to the party.

2. 
a) If he want dinner, he will cook.
b) If he wants dinner, he will cook.

3.
a) If it is cold tomorrow, I stay home.
b) If it is cold tomorrow, I will stay home.

4. 
a) He plays hockey if he has time tomorrow.
b) He is going to play hockey if he has time tomorrow.

5. 
a) She will not watch the movie if the television is broken.
b) She will not watch the movie if the television will be broken.

6.
a) Richard is going if he has time.
b) Richard is going to go if he has time.

7.
a) Do you drive if the car has gas?
b) Will you drive if the car has gas?


8.
a) If you need help, I will do it.
b) If you needed help, I will do it.

9.
a) I'm going to cook pizza if I can find the ingredients.
b) I'm cooking pizza if I can find the ingredients.

10.
a) If you are late for the meeting, the manager will unhappy.
b) If you are late for the meeting, the manager will be unhappy.






No comments:

Post a Comment