Saturday, August 8, 2015

August 6, 2015 - Stories using different tenses; All Conditionals Review - "The Recruit" Day 8 - College programs



The Brave Boys

By
Safaa

Jon, my son, likes the U.S.A. very much.  He enjoys swimming, jogging, and soccer. He has a lot of friends that hangs out with every afternoon.  His cousin, Matthew, is his same age, too. 

Each Saturday, Matthew visits us to play with Jon. They innovate new games, play on the computer and tell each other stories.  One day, Matthew told Jon a scary story about
monsters.  Jon laughed at it a lot. 

At midnight, I went to see if they had slept well.  Just when I
opened the door, both screamed loudly with fear.  I felt my heart stop for a while.  After they calmed down, they told me that they thought, in the dark, that I was a monster. My daughter was listening in the next room, and we heard her
laughing loudly.  The next morning, I shaped their fried eggs into a cute monster.




Vegas

By
Ayman, Monica, and Thanh

A:  Next week, I will go with my brother to Las Vegas.
B:  Will you drive your car to Vegas?
A:  Yes, I will.
B:  I was in Las Vegas in 2014.  It is a very exciting place.
A:  I have been wanting to go to Vegas for a long time. 
     I will not waste the opportunity to go when my brother
     comes to visit me.
B:  How many days are you planning to stay in Vegas?
A:  I will stay there three nights and four days.
B:  Oh, three nights and four days is a good amount of time to spend there. Have a good time.  Take care.  Money is very easy to lose.
 _________________________________________________
Traveling to Paris

By
Matilde, Lisa, and group

Last summer, we made a plan to visit Paris.  We had to save a lot of money.  We had been working for three months.  Finally, we decided to go to Paris.  We bought the round trip tickets. 

We arrived in Paris at 8 am.  Before we arrived, we had been flying for 10 hours.  We were very tired but happy.  We visited the Eiffel Tower.  This is the most beautiful place ever.  It was built more than 100 years ago.

We enjoyed visiting Paris.  We also went to the Louvre Museum and Notre Dame.  We hesitated about going to Disneyland.  If we had had more time, we would have visited more places.   I would like to go again.
 _________________________________________________

Boys’ Trip

By
Elias

A few weeks ago, I went to Lake Havasu with my son, his friends, and their fathers. We all woke up early, took our bags, and met at one of my son's friend’s house. We loaded our bags in the cars and our journey began. It was a 4 hour drive which passed by quickly. After we arrived at the house, we took a quick rest and then began preparing sandwiches, drinks, and fruit which we packed into a cooler.

We got into a boat and started sailing. We spent about 5 hours on the boat while my son and his friends were surfing and wakeboarding. We also stopped for a little while for fishing and diving. It was a fun experience and I learned a lot from it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------




Conditionals
Finish the sentences with a clause in the correct conditional:
1: If it is sunny tomorrow, I will go shopping
2: If you sit in the sun too long , you will get burned.
3: If I were you taller, you could play basketball
4: If I were the Prime Minister, I would make healthcare free.
5: If she had studied harder, she would have passed the class.
6: If I won the lottery, I would travel the world.  
7: If I hadn’t gone to bed so late, I wouldn’t have been tired.
8: If I hadn’t come to London, I would have gone to Paris.
9: If you mix water and electricity, you get electrocuted.
10: If she hadn’t stayed at home, she would have gone shopping.
11: If I go out tonight, I’ll eat out.
12: If I were on holiday today, I would eat whatever I want.
13: If I had listened to my mother, I wouldn’t have dated that guy.  
14: If I hadn’t eaten so much, I wouldn’t be so full.  
15: If it rains later, I’ll take an umbrella.
16: If I were British, I’d have a different accent.  
17: If I were the opposite sex, I’d be more aggressive.  
18: If I have enough money, I’ll go to the Bahamas.
19: If you don’t wear a coat in the winter, you’ll get sick.  
20: If I weren’t studying English, I’d be studying French.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Recruit....continued....

James is discharged (fired) from the CIA Recruit program.  We see James in a bad state. He looks depressed and directionless.  Walter finds James at his hotel/apartment and asks him to follow him and get in his car.  Walter then convinces James that he had not been fired/discharged.  He, in fact, had been chosen to be the NOC (non-official cover).  Walter also convinces James that Layla is a sleeper/mole/spy.  Walter said that James' next mission would be to get close to Layla and find out for whom she is working.  James asks for time to think about it but he ultimately agrees to the mission........to be continued........


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Recruit---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some interesting programs at area schools
 
Mt. San Antonio College:  


Hacienda La Puente Adult Education (click the "Programs" tab)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment