Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1, 2015 - Present Perfect Tense

Please click below for information on the present perfect tense:



The structure is:

Subject           have/has              past participle form of the verb

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See below from today's work in class:

My name is
2 sentences:  I have always ____
2 sentences:  I have always been ______

Where have you lived?
What foods have you eaten?
What countries have you visited?
What experiences have been your favorite?

What have you discovered about _______?
Monica has always been happy.  She has always been optimistic.   She has visited Chicago.

Kenia  has always eaten chocolate.  She has always done her homework.   She has always been shy.

Thanh he has always been open-minded about new things.  He has always been on time.


Sandra has lived in Egypt.  She has always loved molokhiah. 

Dhulfiqur he has always been smart.  He has always loved spicy food.

Matilde has visited Spain and Turkey.  She has liked traveling.  She has lived in Cuba and Spain.

Adel has been in the United States for three years.  He has been a lawyer for fifteen.

Fengling has always driven fast.   She has always been honest.  She has lived in Florida. She has eaten Chinese food.   She has visited San Diego.  She has practiced yoga.

Reem D. has always run.  She has visited Germany.  She has always been sweet.

Reem M. has lived in Syria.  She has always traveled.  She has always loved to cook for her daughter. 

Juana has lived in the USA and has visited Mexico City. 
She has eaten healthy foods.

Victor has always loved traveling.  He has been a very good man.  He has driven to the beach and San Diego.

Dannie has always liked music.  She has been to New York.  She has liked healthy food most of her life. 

Safaa has always liked working with the computer.  She has always read science books. She has worked with poor people.

Lisa has always liked to invite people to her house.  She has always been generous.  She has liked healthy food. 

River has always disliked spicy food.  He has always been honest. 

Zaki has always been a good husband.  He has always been smart. 

Takuya has been very smart for many reasons. Takuya has been free, quiet, and lucky. 

Juan has always liked Chinese food.  He has always liked his friends.  He has always liked his job.

Ayman has lived in Libya and Dubai.  He has always loved small dogs. 

Shanshan  has visited Singapore, Taiwan, and Malaysia.  She has always liked healthy food. 

Clemen has lived in Glendora for one year.  She has learned English.  She has always gotten high grades. 

For July 2, 2015


My name is ___________  .  I have been in California for _________.  Previously, I lived in ________ for _______ (years). I came to California because _________________.  I would like to _____________________________ (something you would like to do) in California.  I have traveled a bit. I have visited _________________ (name some countries/cities). One of my favorite places is ________________(name a city/state/country/or other specific place) because _____________________.  There are some things I hope to accomplish.  One thing I would like to accomplish is _________________________ so that I can ________________________________.  Another thing I would like to accomplish is ____________________________ so that I can _______________________.  If I could live anywhere and have everything be fine (money, political situation, etc), I would want to live in ______________________(name some countries/cities) because ___________________________.  If I could be anything I wanted to be (singer, actor, painter, doctor, business owner) or do anything I wanted to do (own a business, trade stocks, travel the world), I would be a ___________________ (or, I would do) _________________________ 

Here is an example:
For July 2, 2015


My name is Nadine Elhaj .  I have been in California for 35 years.  Previously, I lived in Lebanon for three years, Algeria for two and a half years, Kuwait for one year, and Greece for seven months. I came to California because of the war in Lebanon.  I would like to star in a movie (something you would like to do) in California.  I have traveled a bit. I have visited Spain, England, Bahrain, and Mexico.  In the United States, I have visited Las Vegas, Miami, and Phoenix. (name some countries/cities). One of my favorite places is Sanibel Island in Florida(name a city/state/country/or other specific place) because there are big, beautiful sea shells on the sand everywhere you walk.  

There are some things I hope to accomplish.  One thing I would like to accomplish is finishing my master’s degree so that I can teach full-time at a college.  Another thing I would like to accomplish is losing a lot of weight this summer so that I can wear a tiny dress!

If I could live anywhere and have everything be fine (money, political situation, etc), I would want to live in the south of France(name some countries/cities) because I would like to practice my French and become fluent.  If I could be anything I wanted to be (singer, actor, painter, doctor, business owner) or do anything I wanted to do (own a business, trade stocks, travel the world), I would be a successful trader.(or, I would do) 




1 comment: